With all these three recipes for toppings, they are sure to impress your guest by showcasing a variety of flavours and textures. Furthermore, feel free to use these recieps and adapt to your liking!
Without further ado, the recipes!
3 Easy Ways to Decorate Brownies
by Javier Tan November-18-2020
3 Easy ways to decorate brownies: Peppermint Buttercream, White Chocolate Matcha and Raspberry Cheesecake! Easy toppings that are sure to impress your guests!
Number of brownies coated is based on an 8 x 8 inch square brownie!
For Peppermint Butter Cream (Coats 6):
- 1/4 Cup or 65g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 3/4 Cup or 100g of Powdered / Icing Sugar, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Milk
- Green Food Colouring (to preference)
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2.5ml of Peppermint Extract or to preference
- Oreos / Chocolate Pieces (Optional)
- Firstly, cream together the butter and sugar until it comes together using a whisk or hand mixer. Small clumps might be observed.
- Then, mix in the milk and whisk until a single consistency is achieved.
- Add in the green food colouring and peppermint extract both to presence.
- Fold in chocolate pieces or oreos if desired.
For White Chocolate Matcha Ganache (Coats 5):
- 1 Teaspoon or 2g of Matcha
- 1 Tablespoon or 15ml of Boiling Water
- 2 Tablespoons or 30g of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup or 90g of White Chocolate Chips
- Firstly, dissolve the matcha powder in hot water.
- Next, melt the white chocolate through double boiling method / bain marie. I placed mine in a metal bowl above a pot of hot water at med-low heat and stirred constantly.
- Then, mix in the dissolved matcha and heavy whipping cream and whisk until it comes together.
- Set aside for 15 – 20 minutes to set before using.
- Finished the topping with sifted Matcha Powder right before serving (or it will dissolve).
For Raspberry Cheesecake (Coats 5):
- 1/4 Cup or 60g of Cream Cheese, Softened at Room Tempearture
- 1 Teaspoon or 5g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Tempearture
- 3/4 Cup or 90g of Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2.5ml Vanilla Extract
- Up to 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Milk
- Raspberry / Fruit Jam (To preference)
- Whisk together Cream Cheese, Unsalted Butter and Powdered Sugar (low speed with hand mixer). Mixture will be clumpy.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of milk and vanilla and whisk until a single consistency is achieved. If still clumpy or stiff, add in 1/2 teaspoon more of milk.
- Spread across the brownies and top with fruit jam and fresh fruits.
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 00 mins
- Total time: 0 hour 20 mins
- Yield: Delicious, yummy frostings for your brownies!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature (up to two days), or up to four days if refrigerated.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan