Now onto the making of these Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars proper. The making of these bars is absolutely easy and foolproof; simply mix and you’re all good to go! However, a word of caution is that you would want to make sure to mix sufficiently. This is important to ensure a good distribution of the wet and dry ingredients. Additionally, doing so will allow the bars to be better gelled together and the final product to be less flaky.
Also, you can exercise some flexibility and creativity in making these bars. For instance, you can choose to incorporate cranberries or different types of chocolate. For myself, I utilised three different types of chocolates as I had plenty of leftovers, and it tasted amazing!
If you’re unsure on how to make these, check out my video too! If not, please feel free to let me know if you’ve any questions.
Without further ado, the recipe!
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars Recipe
by Javier Tan July-12-2023
These Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars are perfect for breakfast. They’re lightly sweet, earthy, without being overwhelming. Match with coffee!
- 1/2 Cup or 115g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tsps or 60g of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tsps or 60g of White Sugar
- One egg, large, 55g
- 1 Tsp or 5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Tsp or 2g of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp or 3g of Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup or 90g of All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1 and 1/2 Cup or 165g of Instant Oats
- Approx 1/3 or 50g of Chopped Nuts
- Approx 160 – 200g of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your 8 inch square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the softened butter and two sugars until light and fluffy.
- Next, whisk in the egg followed by the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and place the rolled oats, chocolate chips and nuts in. Proceed to mix.
- Distribute the batter evenly and bake until golden brown and shrinks from the sides, approx 17 – 23 minutes. Please keep a close lookout as the oats can darken quite a bit.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Yield: 1 Tray of Breakfast-Perfect Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to a week.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan