My favourite part of these cookies is that they are so easy to shape and work with. However, you might need some planning in advanced as you would have to refrigerate the recipe to solidfy it further. Furthermore, the coffee bean shaped is made with just a simple slice. You don’t even need to be very delicate with it! If I could do it, you can do it too and perhaps even better!
Would also like to mention how these cookies keep quite well. They are slightly crunchy on the outside but softer on the inside. As such, bake it longer if you want it crunchier!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Coffee Bean Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan July-19-2020
These dainty Coffee Bean Cookies comes with amusement in appearance while impressing your guests with its mouthwatering chocolate coffee combination!
- 1/2 Cup or 115g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 1 and 1/2 Cup or 170g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk (I obtained it from a large egg weighing 60g incl shell)
- 1 Tablespoon or 15ml of Hot Water
- 2 Teaspoons or 10g of Coffee Granules
- 3/4 Cup or 90g of Powdered Sugar (Sifted if lumpy)
- 1/4 Cup or 23g of Cocoa Powder (Sifted if lumpy)
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.25ml of Vanilla Extract (Double if essence, optional)
- Dissolve the hot water with the coffee granules and let it cool for about 3 minutes to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until it is ligher and creamier.
- Beat in the egg yolk and coffee. You can mix in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for a richer taste (optional).
- Then, fold in the sifted cocoa powder and all-purpose flour until you can form cookie dough of ice-cream consistency.
- Next, refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
- When ready, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350F and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Then, roll the battles into small oval shapes (approx 15g or 1 – 1.5 Tbspn) and make a precise slice across the cookie with a deepness of approximately half the cookie. Do not make any smaller slices or the cookies will crack at these edges.
- Bake these cookies for about 11 to 14 minutes or until it is dark browned (but not burnt). Bake it longer for a crisper finish.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes before storing!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 40 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 18 – 24 Cookies
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan