The making of these Coffee Cupcakes is not complicated, and rather straightfoward. It requires just simple mixing and a hand mixer can assemble it much faster.
Additionally, there’re no complicated ingredients. The most exotic and foreign might be the coffee flavouring. I am a huge fan of coffee flavour as it doesn’t contain caffeine and comes with full blown flavours. Furthermore, they usually come in concentrated forms and you do not need to put too much brewed coffee. This is because too much brewed coffee while full of flavours, can cause the batter to be overly watery.
This also brings me to the next point. If serving these, and made with large amounts of coffee, be sure to warn your guests in case of a caffeine overdose. This is especially so for people who are caffeine-sensitive, including children.
Without further ado, the recipe!
Coffee Cupcakes Recipe
by Javier Tan June-04-2022
These aromatic Coffee Cupcakes are soft, fluffy and full of flavour! Coffee is almost every adult’s best friend, including mine!
- 1/2 Cup or 120g of Unsalted Butter, Melted (Or Veg Oil, or Half Butter, Half Veg Oil)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons or 130g of Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Eggs, large, 55g each
- 1/2 Cup or 120ml of Milk (Room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup or 60ml of Coffee (Or 60ml water + 2 teaspoons of dissolved coffee granules)
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon or 6g of Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/2 Cup or 180g of All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Coffee Flavour (or Emulco)
Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3/4 Cup or 170g of Cream Cheese, Softened at Room Temp
- 1 Tablespoon or 15ml of Brewed Coffee, Room Temp
- 2 Cup or 220g of Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2.5ml of Coffee Flavouring (Or Emulco)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and place paper liners in your cupcake / muffin tin.
- Whisk together the cooled, melted butter and sugar together until well incorporated.
- Next, whisk in the two eggs.
- Then, whisk in the coffee, vanilla, coffee flavouring and pinch of salt until a single consistency is formed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder (dry ingredidents).
- Sift in the flour and baking powder half at a time and fold until it is of a single consistency. Do not over mix.
- Distribute the batter evenly until its about 2/3 full and bake until it has fully risen, approx 18 – 22 minutes. The center should be bouncy to a light touch of a spoon.
- Next, set aside the cupcakes to cool for approx an hour or two before frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Firstly, cream together the cream cheese, coffee flavouring and coffee.
- Secondly, sift and mix in the icing sugar until it is whipped. If it’s too stiff, add some more coffee (approx 5ml) to loosen it.
- Finally, set aside to cool for 10 – 20 minutes before piping it!
- Prep time: 3 hours
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 3 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 8 – 10 Cupcakes
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature (on the day itself) or in a fridge (up to a week)
- If storing the cupcake with no frosting in the freezer (up to a week), seal it in plastic wrap or an airtight container. Leave at room temperature for 40 minutes before serving!
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan