These divinely decadent and chocolatey Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies have both a fair share of nutrients from the oats as well as an amazing flavour from the chocolate chips and cocoa powder added.
With its slightly soft but chewy texture (similar to Subway’s cookies), a whiff of butter and the rich chocolate flavour, it is no wonder that these cookies are so addictive and you will definitely find yourself unable to stop at just one! In addition, these chocolate oat cookies will serve either as a good addition to breakfast or for tea!
Dark Chocolate Oat Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan (@Bakeomaniac)
Decadent and soft, the addition of oats to substitute for flour and sugar makes a healthier touch while still staying delicious as always!
- 1/2 Cup or 120g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Cup or 120g All Purpose/Plain Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.5g Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2g Baking Powder
- Slightly less than 1/4 Cup or 23g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 1 Large Egg, 55g each, Room Temperature
- 1 and 1/4 Teaspoon or 6.25ml Vanilla Extract or 11.5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup or 90g Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- Approx 3/4 Cup or 150-180g Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream the softened butter together with the two sugars until it is light and fluffy. About two minutes.
- Add in the egg and mix well until you achieve a single consistency.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda and vanilla and mix well until you no longer see any dry clumps.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder and mix it well until no dry ingredients can be observed. Do not overmix beyond that!
- Mix in the chocolate chips and rolled oats, stir well.
- Measure about 2 teaspoons (20g) or 1 tablespoon (30g) and place them on the baking tray about 4-5 cm apart.
- Bake for about 11mins 30s to 12mins 30s or until it is dark brown, but not burnt at the edges.
- Cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes before transferring to the ziploc bag for storage.
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Total time: 0 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 20-30 Decadent and Chewy Cookies!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier!