To start, you will have to melt together your dark chocolate and butter. This step is even faster if you’ve a microwave. Else, you can do what I did and melt it over the stove using a double boiler method.
After it has cooled slightly, you’re set to go to add the remaining ingredients before placing it in your air fryer. It is that easy. I got the entire cake done within half an hour, and I was a happy camper when I finally dug in.
While I’ve not experimented with this Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Lava Cake using an oven, I believe you can use the same recipe to do so at 220C, approx 8 mins 30s. You can also refer to my Lava Cake recipe that has been optimised for the oven. Needless to say, both are equally delicious depending on which equipment you’ve and which you prefer to use!
Additionally, I’ve also prepared a video for your reference and to tempt you into making these treats. Without further ado, the recipe!
Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
by Javier Tan July-15-2023
This decadent Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Lava Cake comes with a molten, oozy core. Great for a quick chocolate fix that is ready in no time!
- 1/2 Cup or 120g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- Approx 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbspns or 120g of Dark Chocolate
- 2 large eggs, approx 55g (weighed with shell)
- 1 Tsp or 5ml of Vanilla
- 2 Tbspns or 25g of Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 40g of All-Purpose Flour (Sift if clumpy)
- Firstly, melt together your dark chocolate and unsalted butter either using a microwave or over a stove using the double boiling method. Then, set aside to cool for 5 minutes until it is just warm to touch.
- Then, whisk in the sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla until well-incorporated.
- Finally, mix in the plain flour.
- Transfer the batter to 3 ramekins. I am using ramekins of 3.5 inches in diameter.
- Pre-heat your air fryer at 180 degrees C for 5 minutes before baking the lava cakes for approx 8.5 to 9.5 minutes.
- Once done, let the cake cool for a couple of minuts before freeing them from the sides of the ramekin using a knife.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 0 hour 20 mins
- Cook time: 0 hour 10 mins
- Total time: 0 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 3 Portions of Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Best serve on the day itself. Else, it would be better to store the batter in the freezer and bake it a couple of weeks.
- Feel free to ask if you’ve further questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan