While most recipes make 12 and above cupcakes, I decided to make my Easy Banana Cupcake Recipe to yield at most 6 – 8 cupcakes. This is because considering the pandemic, I believe many of us are locked down and we might be unable to finish these cupcakes.
As such, using low-yield recipes allow us to maximize the variety of our bakes, to experiment more and without food wastage!
In addition, feel free to make your own modifications to this Easy Banana Cupcake recipe. Be it to frost, or with fillings, this Easy Banana Cupcake is easy to be modified and provides the perfect base for your idea!
Personally, I have used a nice coating of chocolate ganache and to top it with roasted walnuts. I have also added a simple shot of these cupcakes plain as above for everyone to be able to visualize and to try!
Hope this recipe is a good idea, and without further ado, the recipe!
Banana Cupcake Recipe
by Javier Tan May-29-2021
These Easy Banana Cupcakes are easy to make, modify to your liking with full flavour and fluffiness! Yields 6 – 8 for a small batch.
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of Granulated White Sugar (I used 35g)
- 2 Tablespoon or 25g of Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup + 2 Teaspoons or 90ml of Milk, at Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg (weighing at 55g incl. shell)
- 2 Large Bananas (approx 140 – 150g without Banana peel or skin)
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Vanilla Essence (halved if using extract)
- 1 Teaspoon or 4g of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.5g of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder or to taste
- 1/2 Cup or 120g of All-Purpose Flour
For the Banana Cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Next, whisk and mix the eggs, vanilla and salt in.
- Then, proceed to whisk in the mashed bananas (using a fork) and milk until it is of a single consistency. It is okay for some banana solids to remain.
- Sift in the flour, and baking powder and mix/fold well until it is of a single consistency. Do not overmix.
- Then, transfer to your cupcake pan and bake for about 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with just a couple of crumbs at most.
- Next, set aside the cake to cool for approx 30 minutes before serving and storing.
- Serve and enjoy! I served mine with chocolate ganache and toasted walnut!
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 0 hour 40 mins
- Yield: 6-8 Fluffy Banana Cupcakes!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature (up to four days) or in a fridge (up to a week)
- If storing the cupcake with no frosting in the freezer (up to a week), seal it in plastic wrap or an airtight container. Leave at room temperature for 40 minutes before serving!
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan