While I have remained reserved on mentioning sponsors on my blog as I see it as a journal, I would still like to give a mention. Most of the components including the ice cream, cocoa powder and chocolate spread comes from Venchi Singapore. I find them deserving of a mention based on the really good quality (and value for money) of the chocolates, especially the chocolate spread (Suprema Fondente)! You can find it from Venchi (click for weblink).
Going back to the Flourless Chocolate Cake, it is perfect for any chocoholic but could potentially be too much for some. It is really rich, fudgy and decadent! I will leave you to be the judge of it!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
by Javier Tan July-26-2020
Indulgent, this Flourless Chocolate Cake adds a perfect chocolatey note to your day! Slightly fudgy yet cake-like, it melts in your mouth and leave you wanting more!
- 1/2 Cup or 115g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cup or 130g of Granulated White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup or 30g of Cocoa Powder, Sifted
- 2/3 Cup or 120g of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 4g Coffee Granules
- 4 Large Eggs (each weighing 55g, weigh incl shell)
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g of Table Salt
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C and line your 8″ or 9″ round baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate using a double boiling method. Then, dissolve the coffee granules and salt nearing completion.
- After cooling it to room temperature, whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
- Next, whisk in the egg one by one until it is well-mixed and of a single consistency.
- Fold in the cocoa powder.
- Then, transfer to the baking tray and bake for 35 – 38 minutes. Bake it for a shorter duration (approx. 35 to 36 minutes for a fudgier finish).
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes. It can be refrigerated after cooling for up to a week (See notes).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 50 mins
- Yield: 1 Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container.
- If storing the cake in the fridge or freezer (up to a week), seal it in plastic wrap or an airtight container. Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving!
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan