In choosing the right nut butter for the Fluffy Nutty Banana Cake, it is best to pick one that has less additives (including sugar and other filler ingredients) to give full blown flavour. One such nut butter brands that I use, as shown in image, is from Revive (click here for product). I chose this product as it comes with full-blown flavour with a nice level of roastedness.
Apart from the variation in nut butters, you can adjust the Fluffy Nutty Banana Cake with your favourite fillings too. This ranges from chocolate chips to the use of dried berries. For instance, I chose an assortment of roasted nuts (walnuts, almonds and pistachios). There’s always something so magical about the pairing of Bananas with Nuts!
Apart from how easy it is to assemble, I also enjoy this recipe for how fluffy it is. Serving these cakes cold, with a warm drizzle of nut butter and a cup of coffee to go always make my morning.
I hope that has tempted you to start baking these, and without further ado, the recipe!
Fluffy Nutty Banana Cake Recipe
by Javier Tan November-20-2021
This Fluffy Nutty Banana Cake is a must-have for breakfast. Having them cooled, with warm nut butter, and a cup of coffee makes my morning!
- 1 and 1/2 Cups or 180g All Purpose Flour, Sifted if too lumpy.
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon or 113g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 3g Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2g Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Salt
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- 2 Tablespoons or 30g of Nut Butter (such as Almond Butter)
- 2 Large Eggs, each weiging 55 to 60g, at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup or 80ml Milk, at room temperature
- 2.5ml or 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Medium Large Bananas, Mashed, total about 160g or slightly more than 1/2 cup
- Up to 1/2 Cup (approx 100g) Chocolate, Nuts, Oats etc, Optional
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving overhangs. I am using a 10 x 5 inches loaf pan.
- Cream together the nut butter, butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy (approx 2 minutes).
- Then, whisk in the two eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Subsequently, mix in the vanilla and milk (I mix in the milk in two halves).
- Mix in the bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sifted flour, sifted baking soda, sifted baking powder and your filling (e.g. Nuts).
- Fold in the dry ingredients and nuts into the cake batter and transfer to your loaf pan. Tap the loaf pan a few times to dislodge excessive air bubbles.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 35 – 42 minutes or until nicely golden brown where a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean. (This can vary depending on how large your loaf pan is, so keep a close look out after 30 mins especially if the top starts to burnt!).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 Loaf
- If you would like to be updated with more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- If storing in the refrigerator, it can be stored up to 7 days.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan