The making of this Grilled Lemon Mayo Chicken is really simple too. Firstly, you need to prepare the marinade which consists of yuzu shoyu, mayo, garlic and spices. An additional note here would be that you can use normal shoyu if desired and it works too! Then, let the (boneless) chicken thighs marinate in this mixture for 30 minutes and you’re good to grill. I used an Air Fryer to do the grilling. However, an oven works just well too!
That’s all you need to do to obtain these succulent Grilled Lemon Mayo Chicken. I served mine with steamed broccoli and rice for a wholesome and nutritious meal, and I believe this is something that can be easily scaled for the family. From my gauge, this recipe makes enough chicken for two persons as a side dish.
Without further ado, the recipe!
Grilled Lemon Mayo Chicken Recipe
by Javier Tan October-22-2023
This succulent and tender Grilled Lemon Mayo Chicken is deliciously flavourful and will keep you wanting more!
- 1/4 Cup Yuzu Shoyu Dressing (Normal Shoyu works too)
- 1/4 Cup Mayo (I used Japanese mayo as it is lighter)
- 2 Tsps Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Rosemary (to taste, I added 5 – 6 dried Rosemary leaves)
- 6 Chicken Thighs, De-boned
- 1 Lemon, sliced to approx 0.25 cm thickness
- Prepare the marinade by stirring together all the ingredients except the chicken thighs and lemon.
- Then, place the chicken thighs in and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken thighs and sliced lemon slices in a single layer on your baking tray.
- Airfry at 160C for 8 minutes on one side and flip over to air fry for another 7 minutes on the other. You may adjust the temperature and duration accordingly (e.g. 180C for last 3 mins if you like it browner). For the oven, you can do the same in a pre-heated oven at 180C.Note: This timing is provided based on the size of chicken thigh I used. Do observe and adjust accordingly!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 40 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6 Pieces of Grilled Lemon Mayo Chicken Thighs
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Best served on the day itself.
- Feel free to ask if you’ve further questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan