This Moist Carrot Cake recipe I am sharing today is my absolute favourite! It comes with the sweet and slight earthiness of cinnamon and which goes so well with the tartness of the cream cheese frosting. Eaten with roasted nuts, the flavour combination is one to behold!
Some might find it surprising but yes, carrot cakes use 100% real and freshly grated carrots. However, rest assured that the taste of the spices are way more prominent. Therefore, it is unlikely that you will taste any carrots at all. So fret not if that intimidates you from trying a slice of carrot cake out!
Nonetheless, the carrots contribute nicely to the flavour and structure of the carrot cake!
Contrary to my usual butter-based cake recipes, my Moist Carrot Cake recipe uses vegetable oil instead. While butter is indeed flavourful, it doesn’t yield as moist a finish as compared to the usage of vegetable oil for this particular recipe. Furthermore, vegetable oil keeps the cake soft and fluffy too!
However, do take note to use flavourless vegetable oil so that it doesn’t interfere with the cinnamon and cream cheese flavours!
On top of the cake recipe, I will also be sharing my favourite cream cheese frosting recipe. The combination of these two is irresistible and I really hope you give the recipe a try!
Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
by Javier Tan June-14-2020
My favourite Moist Carrot Cake that is so soft and packs a nice combination between the elements of cream cheese and cinnamon!
- 1 and 1/4 Cup of Flour, or 160g All Purpose Flour or Plain Flour
- 3 Medium Sized Carrots, or 110g Carrots, Peeled and Grated / Processed
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Vegetable Oil, flavourless (such as Canola or Sunflower)
- 1 Egg, Large, At Room Temperature, Each weighing 55g inclusive of shell
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 3g Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon or 4g Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon or 2.4g of Grounded Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons or 10g of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 Cup or 120g of Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2.5ml Vanilla Extract
- up to 2 teaspoons of milk
- Pecans (optional), for topping
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 350F and line your 8 x 8 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then, whisk together both sugars with oil until it is of a single consistency.
- Next, whisk in the egg and vanilla until a single consistency is achieved.
- Then, fold in the sifted flour, sifted baking powder, sifted baking soda, cinnamon and carrots until no more dry ingredients can be observed.
- Transfer to the baking tray.
- Then, bake for about 24 – 28 minutes or until it is brown on top! (Check for doneness using a skewer)
- Allow it to cool to room temperature on its tray for about an hour before frosting.
- For frosting, whisk together cream cheese and unsalted butter (or use a handheld mixer).
- Then, sift in the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Mix in the Vanilla and Milk (if mixture is too thick).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 45 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 1Amazing Moist Carrot Cake!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days!
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan