While I did not like these Open Faced Pineapple Tarts growing up, I changed my preferences eventually. Made with the right crust, these pineapple tarts can be absolutely delish. Furthermore, I believe a thin flavourful crust is more than enough. However, there’s nothing bad about thick crusts either!
Personally, I always prefer the easier golf-ball pineapple tarts as they require just rolling. Nonetheless, I like both of these pineapple tarts and I hope to make a matcha one soon!
Hope this recipe is of use and without further ado, the recipe!
Open Faced Pineapple Tarts Recipe
by Javier Tan January-10-2020
These Open Faced Pineapple Tarts are served with a nice heaping of fragrant Pineapple Paste atop a thin, buttery crust. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness with every bite!
- 3/4 Cup or 180g of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon, or, 40g of Granulated / Caster White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Weighing Approx 60g
- 2 Cup or 230g of Flour, Sifted
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon, or, 15g of Cornstarch / Cornflour, Sifted
- 1/4 Cup or 30g of Milk Powder, Sifted
- 400g – 500g of Pineapple Paste
For Egg Wash:
For the Blondies:
- Next, cream together your butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. The sugar should be fully incorporated.
- Then, whisk in the egg until it forms a single consistency.
- In a separate large bowl, combine together the flour, milk powder and cornstarch. Sift these items.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients into the egg butter mixture until it forms a ball of dough. You might have to use your hands!
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. At the last 10 minutes, preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Flour a surface and roll out the chilled dough until it is of the thickness you would like.
- Next, use a mould to create the shapes.
- Transfer the cut-out dough onto the baking tray and apply the egg wash.
- Place in the pineapple paste (I used approx 8 – 11g).
- Finally, bake for about 12 to 14 mins. I was baking 18 pineapple tarts at one go, if you’re using more, add in more time and vice versa.
- Leave to cool for about 30 minutes before storing!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 00 mins
- Yield: Approx. 40 Pineapple Tarts
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store it room temperature in airtight container for up to at least 2 weeks!
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan