Furthermore, the peanut flavour of this recipe is sufficient without being overbearing. You could use chunky peanut butter for a nice crunch, or smooth if you do not fancy that! However, do note that I used a sweetened peanut butter (Skippy) for this particular recipe. As such, if you are using an all-natural peanut butter, do consider factoring an additional two to three teaspoonfuls of sugar!
Apart from which, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies make a quick and easy snack to whip up in no time. These can be easily elevated too such as by having chocolate dips or other fillings. Consider dipping them in milk and jam. While the flavour combination may sound odd, it is absolutely delicious!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan June-07-2020
With peanuty richness, these soft and chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies have an amazing combination of sweet and slight saltiness!
- 1 and 1/4 Cup of Flour, or 160g All Purpose Flour or Plain Flour
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbspn or 65g of Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbspn or 65 of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 Cup or 160g Peanut Butter
- 3/4 Cup or 190g Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Eggs, Large, At Room Temperature, Each weighing 55g inclusive of shell
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 3g Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2g Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 350F and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Then, cream together both sugars with butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Next, whisk in the egg and vanilla until a single consistency is achieved.
- Whisk in the peanut butter until the batter is of a single colour.
- Then, fold in the sifted flour, sifted baking powder, sifted baking soda, chocolate chips.
- When ready to bake, scoop tablespoonfuls of the batter onto the baking tray (they spread about 6-7 cm or a couple of inches).
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until it is lightly brown on top!
- Allow it to cool to room temperature on its tray for about 30 minutes before serving. You can either top it off with sea salt before baking or at this stage during cooling.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour
- Yield: 18 – 24 Cookies
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan