Nothing says cozy slumbers and lazy days better than these S’mores Brownies. They bring that essential warm touch to the heart any day and instantly uplift your low spirits. I especially like devouring them fresh out of the oven on cold weathers!
In case you do not know, S’mores (you can click this for the Google search result) usually consist of two biscuit sandwiching a nice gooey layer of marshmallow and melted chocolate. It is a popular treat that can be so simply appreciated throughout different cultures, and made into a flavour on its own!
I find this recipe extremely fuss-free!
It is a quick fix of just pouring a self-made biscuit, marshmallow and chocolate combination over the brownies. You can definitely see more complicated versions such as making a biscuit base layer. I am going for simplicity!
As per my usual style, this S’mores Brownies recipe will be broken down into a sequence of Taste and Texture, Ingredients, and Method of Preparation! Do note that my emphasis will be on the S’mores topping for the Brownies but you can feel free to approach me if you need explanation for Brownies!
These S’mores Brownies have a melty marshmallow and chocolate layer with a nice biscuit crunch built on a base of dark chocolate brownies. Every bite is amazing! In addition, I didn’t even use much effort eating it because the gooey layer just gives way and dissolves so effortlessly. My only concern was the mess that might be made around the lips but hey, you can always just lick up all that goodness!
While it might seem difficult, all these goodness doesn’t require much ingredient preparation too. I simply bought mini marshmallows (you can chop up some big marshmallows) and with chocolate chips or chunks with broken up biscuit pieces. I didn’t even bothered smashing the biscuit pieces because my previous experiments have shown that the overly fine biscuit pieces will be too easily dislodged and doesn’t stick to the brownies.
While I would suggest using your favourite chocolate here, do not use white chocolates as these burnt easily. Otherwise, the chocolate flavour will remain largely intact as it is simply used as a topping! There won’t be any wastage here!
Furthermore, the making of these S’mores brownies can’t be any easier too. I prepared the topping and spoon it over the top when it’s near completion, in the same oven and same mode. Easy and yummy, in my tummy!
Finally, it’s time for me to reveal the recipe!
by Javier Tan September-30-2018
These Chewy Fudgy Brownies are a beautiful and tasty hybrid between Chewy Brownies and Fudgy Brownies, and are extremely delicious, easy to make and easy to enjoy!
- 3/4 Cup or 150g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Sifted All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon or 52g Sifted Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 or 1.4g Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Unsalted Butter
- 2, each weighing 50-60g Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 80g or approx 1/3 cup Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips, Semisweet
For The S’mores Topping
- 100g Mini marshmallows or Big marshmallows chopped into 2
- 85g Digestive biscuits, or biscuits of your choice. Broken into large shards.
- 100g Chocolate Chunks / Chips. Can reduce / increase according to preference!
- Line your 8 x 8 inches baking tray with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 160 degrees C or 320F.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate a double boiler ( or direct saucepan, be careful of burning ) or microwave. Stir constantly until both are melted.
- Add in the cocoa powder, sugar and salt to the hot batter directly until well incorporated (where the mixture is of a uniform consistency). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add in the 2 eggs and vanilla to cooled batter and mix well until of a single consistency.
- Fold in the flour until just combined
- Place into the baking tray, hitting it against the counter a few times to evenly spread the batter while dislodging air from the batter.
- Bake for about 24 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- For the topping, mix marshmallows, chocolate chunks/chips, with broken up biscuit bits ( I broke my biscuit into just about 7-8 pieces, they shouldn’t be too fine.)
- Pour or spoon the topping over the brownie batter at the 24 minute mark and bake for 5 minutes more. Do keep a look out and make sure the marshmallows do not burn!
- Once done, cool for about 20 minutes before slicing in and serving!
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: One tray of delicious goodness!
- Store well at room temperature in a container for up to 4 days. I stored them in a single layer as the chocolate might get messy ( its melty )!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- For any questions, feel free to contact me via any of my social medias or the comment section down below 🙂
– Bakeomaniac, Javier!