These Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies are light and fluffy thanks to the use of cream of tartar and baking powder. Most particularly, the cream of tartar acts as both a leavening agent, and a flavouring agent for a slight tang. Furthermore, the baking powder aids in aerating the cookies further.
Taste-wise, each of this cookie is flavourful thanks to the generous amount of cinnamon. Additionally, the cinnamon sugar coating is such a nice touch for both the flavour and texture of these cookies.
You will also be happy to know that these Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies are extremely easy to make. You can mix them up in no time. Including the time needed to bake, I took less than 2 hours.
Without further ado, the recipe!
Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan May-13-2023
These Snickerdoodle Cookies are nicely chewy thanks to the cream of tartar. They come with an amazing, crisp cinnamon sugar coating!
- 1/2 Cup or 115g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- 1/3 Cup or 70g of Granulated White Sugar
- 3 Tbspns or 40g of Brown Sugar
- One large egg, approx 55g
- 1 Tsp or 5ml of Vanilla
- 1 and 2/3 Cup or 200g of Plain / All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 Tsp or 2g of Baking Powder, Sifted
- 1 Tspn of Cream of Tartar, Sifted
- 1 and 1/2 Tspn of Ground / Powdered Cinnamon, Sifted
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbpn or 60g of Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Tspn of Ground / Powdered Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 350F and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Firstly, cream together your butter and two sugars until light and fluffy.
- Then, whisk in the egg until incorporated. Once done, whisk in the vanilla.
- Next, mix together the plain flour, cinnamon powder, cream of tartar and baking powder in a separate bowl before sifting it into the wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until the batter comes together (should be sticky at this stage).
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar for coating.
- Coat tablespoonfuls of each cookie into the cinnamon sugar and flatten it to form nice rounds. Cookies will expand quite a bit, so leave them approx 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 9 – 11 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 0 hour 20 mins
- Cook time: 0 hour 40 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 00 mins
- Yield: 10 – 15 Snickerdoodle Cookies!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1.5 weeks.
- Feel free to ask if you’ve further questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan