To make this Strawberry Shortcake Bread Maker Recipe, you will need only the simplest of ingredients including flour and sugar. You will want to make the cake layer first using the cake function on your Bread Maker Machine. Additionally and if applicable, make sure to choose the “light crust” function. This is so that the cake wouldn’t be over cooked, and the crust won’t be too crisp.
Which brings me to my next point. The biggest disadvantage of making cake using a bread maker machine is the lightly crisp crust in the end product. However and in all honesty, I do really enjoy the crisp crust. It provides a nice texture and additional fragrance.
Back the cake, you can start whipping up the cream and preparing your fruits while the vanilla cake is cooling. It should take you no time at all. For myself, I took a total of 2 hours inclusive of the entire baking cycle to assemble this Strawberry Shortcake.
Should you have further questions, please do let me know! I do find the video to be of help so that you know what to expect at each stage. By the way for those asking, this was made using the Panasonic SD-P104 Bread Maker Machine, which comes with a cake-making function (Mode 12).
Without fuurther ado, the recipe!
Strawberry Shortcake Bread Machine Recipe
by Javier Tan June-16-2023
This Strawberry Shortcake Bread Maker Recipe tastes just as good as one made from the oven and is equally delightful and fluffy!
I am using a bread maker of 500g capacity for this recipe. For 750g version, no need to multiply the recipe unless you would like a bigger cake.
- 1/2 Cup or 120g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- 1/8 Cup or 40ml of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tbspns or 45ml of Milk, Room Temp
- 1 Egg, approx 50g
- 1 Tspn or 5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Cup or 75g of White Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Cup or 180g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1 and 1/2 Tsp or 6g of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup or 120ml of Whipping Cream
- Approx 200g of Strawberries, of which 70g are sliced
- Firstly, add in all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and sugar).
- Then, pour in the unsalted butter and wet ingredients (oil, milk, egg and vanilla).
- Then, start the Cake function. Different bread maker have different functions, feel free to reach out if unsure!
- Once the cake is done, I sliced the top off and sliced the remaining into two layers (refer to video).
- Layer with cream, followed by a thin layer of sliced strawberries and then more cream!
- Finally, coat the exterior of the cake with cream if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 0 hour 40 mins
- Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Total time: 2 hours
- Yield: 1 x Delightful Strawberry Shortcake!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve on the day itself or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days.
- Feel free to ask if you’ve further questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan