The most moist and pleasant Banana cake you will ever tasted. I challenge you to find a more moist, more delicious and even more foolproof recipe than my Banana Hot Milk Cake!
This recipe is sure to win hearts as it does win eyes, and I hope I have already won your eyes with the picture!
Sorry that I only took one picture. The lighting in my house was getting really bad because the rain was there, and by the time I wanted to take another picture, they are pretty much gobbled up!
Yes, I am trying to say that they are extremely delicious here, and I really hope you give this easy recipe a try!
This can easily become your go to Banana Cake recipe for all occasions!
Please do make sure that you are using overripe or very ripe Bananas. This is simply because if we are adding bananas either way, why not add the overripe ones because they are naturally sweeter! If you are using less ripen ones, you will have to compensate by adding more sugar accordingly. Do let me know if you need any advice! The natural sweetness of Bananas will taste the best though!
If you ever tasted Banana Milk, this is even better than that! It not just has a nice milky background for flavour, it also has that natural sweetness and aroma of Bananas. It tastes really really good!
Also, you can vary the baking powder between 5 grams and 6 grams ( teaspoon measurements given in recipe ) depending on how airy and spongy you like your cake. I was in the mood for a dense one so the one shown on the picture is the 5g ones. If you like an airier one, go ahead and add the full 6 grams!
Like my other Hot Milk Cakes, they are each amazing in their own field! You can check them out here in the series:
None of them will disappoint!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Banana Hot Milk Cake
by Javier Tan October-22-2017
This extremely moist and foolproof cake will easily replace all Banana Cake recipes you have tried. I assure you that.
- 1 Cup or 120g All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Granulated White Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoons or 6g Baking Powder ( 1 Teaspoon or 4g for Denser ones )
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 2 Large Eggs, 55g each, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup or 120ml Full Cream Milk
- 1/3 Cup or 75g Cold Unsalted Butter, Chopped into Cubes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Bananas, weigh 150g total, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C and line your 8 x 8 inches baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs lightly until slightly frothy.
- Add in the sugar, vanilla extract and table salt and stir until well dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the all purpose flour and baking powder.
- In a saucepan, at low heat, heat together the butter and milk until all butter has melted. Off the heat when done.
- Pour in the all purpose flour and baking powder to the bowl containing the eggs and sugar and stir. It will be clumpy.
- Add in the bananas to the egg, sugar and flour mixture and stir.
- Pour in the melted butter milk mixture into the main mixture and stir until a single consistency is achieved.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and hit against the counter a few times to dislodge excessive air bubbles.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Rest on wire rack for an hour before serving. Rest it upside down if you like it denser.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: 25 1.6 Inches Squares
- Use overripe bananas for best effect. Do add more sugar, about 25g or 2 tablespoons more if using just ripe or underripe bananas.
- Store well in an airtight container for up to 4 days!
- To pin it, click here.
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I am sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here, I welcome and appreciate it very very much!
- For any questions, feel free to contact me on any of my social media platforms!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan!