This Blueberry Lemon Cake come with a burst of sweet and sour that is so delightfully enjoyable! The best part would definitely be how soft and fluffy it is, it literally melts in your mouth!
The slight sweetness comes from the vanilla based cake and tartness from the blueberries. My blueberries tasted slightly sour and even so, it complemented the cake well.
Furthermore, lemon zest is added to this Blueberry Lemon Cake for the zesty component. Despite lemon juice adding a stronger citrusy component, it can make the cake overly moist and as such, I have avoided adding it.
Furthermore, let me share a couple of baking hacks for my Blueberry Lemon Cake and other similar recipes. Whenever we want to add fillings such as blueberries, always coat it in the flour before mixing. Doing so allows the blueberries to be spreaded evenly throughout the cake without sinking.
In addition, always fold in the flour and baking powder after sifting. This allows you to achieve a softer and fluffier cake while overbeating the flour causes gluten development, leading the cake to be chewier.
Before I share the recipe, I must still emphasized that this Blueberry Lemon Cake is that dream combination of textures and flavours you must try!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe
by Javier Tan May-17-2020
This Blueberry Lemon Cake brings about a mouthwatering and zesty experience. Tart, sweet and lightly sour, this soft and fluffy cake is sure to be bursting with flavours!
- 1/2 Cup or 125g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 Cup or 130g Granulated White Sugar (Can reduce by 10-20g more too)
- 1 and 1/3 Cups or 160g All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon or 4g Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 1 and 2/3 Cup or 165g Blueberries, Washed
- 3 Tablespoons or 45ml Full Cream Milk, Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature, 55g each
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract or 10ml of Vanilla Essence
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 350F and line your 8 or 9 inches square baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then, beat the unsalted butter slightly for a couple of minutes to fluff it up and loosen it.
- Next, cream butter and and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, mixing well.
- Then, add in the milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt and mix well.
- Mix the sifted flour and baking powder with blueberries and fold them in until well incorporated.
- Bake the cake for about 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. (If it appears blue, its from the blueberries).
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:30 mins
- Total time:0 hour 50 mins
- Yield: 1 Amazing Blueberry Lemon Cake!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here, I would greatly appreciate it!
- Best eaten within 5 days, stored at room temperature in an airtight container!
- Feel free to ask if you need help!
- Do not plagiarise / copy and paste the entire recipe elsewhere without my permission.
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan