These Crunchy Peanut Butter Fudge are not for the faint-hearted, literally! Presenting to you a luxurious and really simple to make Christmas treat that will last through the weeks in the refrigerator, only if you allow them to do so!
My inspiration for these Peanut Butter Fudge comes from my innate craving for almost anything with peanuts and at the same time, I really like my Peanut Butter Fudge to have a crunchy and salty dimension to it. I believe this explains my decision making for this recipe to an appreciable extent already!
The best part of this recipe, albeit being slightly ironic to what I have always been doing, is that this is a no-bake kind of recipe.
From my experience with no-bake recipes, they probably require speedy consumption, or constant refrigeration.
This is the kind of recipe of the latter. For these Peanut Butter Fudges, you will have to retain constant refrigeration in order for them to hold their shape. If you would like, you can definitely transport them after being refrigerated via a container, refrigerate it at the event or party, and then serve them from there!
Certainly, there are methods you can adopt to ensure that they will retain their shape even in the sweltering heat of Singapore. That is possible if you add a sufficient and liberal amount of powdered sugar, which is not what I am going for. This is a really luxurious treat itself and I do not want to add too much sugar. Ultimately, it is up to the personal choice!
I shall now proceed to share the recipe for these and you will realize that there isn’t much to be explained! Simple ingredients, simple steps yet an amazing fudge for Christmas!
On a side note, this is definitely not one of my proudest recipes, but I believe in sharing regardless of whether something in good or bad, within my ability! It might even spark a different baking idea for you 🙂
Crunchy Peanut Butter Fudge
by Javier Tan December-23-2018
An extremely luxurious peanut snack that is my weak spot, yet I always feel so ever guilty consuming these!
- 1/2 Cup or 125g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup or 125g Peanut Butter of Choice
- About 1/2 Cup or 80g Chopped and Roasted Peanuts / Groundnuts
- 1 and 1/3 Cups or 130g Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Line a small baking tray ( I am using 20cm x 20cm or 8 by 8 inches ) with baking or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, place both peanut butter and unsalted butter together and turn the stove on to low heat.
- Keeping a close watch, leave both to melt until they are almost fully melted. Stir if you notice clumping on the sides of the pan.
- Proceed to add in the vanilla extract and chopped peanuts and keep stirring until all the butter and peanut butter have melted and the chopped peanuts well distributed.
- Add in approximately half of the powdered sugar and stir until they are all completely integrated into the mixture. Proceed to add in the other half and do the same.
- Transfer the entire mixture into the prepared baking tray.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before chopping into small squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: A tray of luxurious peanut fudge!
- Store well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- For any questions, feel free to contact me via any of my social medias or the comment section down below 🙂
– Bakeomaniac, Javier!