Let me now explain the recipe! Side note, this recipe is so good, I was contemplating to keep it in my arsenal of secret recipes not meant for public sharing. To date there’s only one recipe in that arsenal.
You will notice that this recipe is extremely wet, or damp, or whatever you call it! Due to the addition of rich ingredients such as melted butter, even 3 eggs. This is actually what that allows this brownie cake to be so decadent, smooth and melt in your mouth! It is as though I am almost eating chocolate liquid!
In addition, the secret ingredient to be used here will be love. Just kidding. It’s instant coffee granules! It is optional and I have tried with or without it. I would say that with instant coffee granules, there’s a difference. The flavour profile will be greatly enhanced, allowing that chocolate to shine!
Other notable things to take note is that this flourless chocolate brownie cake does contain a relatively great amount of salt. This is to bring out some sweetness for the cake! Do not be concerned as the final outcome will not be super salty!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! For if you can’t go to a cafe, why not bring a cafe to your house! This Flourless Chocolate Brownie Cake recipe shall not disappoint!
Flourless Chocolate Brownie Cake
by Javier Tan September-10-2017
Indulge in this extremely decadent, smooth and melt in your mouth Chocolate Brownie Cake that keeps you wanting more! Sinful, but worth it!
- 3/4 Cup or 150g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup or 50g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Sifted
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 3g Table Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 2g Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 3, weighing about 55g each Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup or 120g Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon or 15g Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your 9″ springform pan with parchment paper.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate using saucepan or microwave. Near the end when you stop, stir in the coffee granules and salt until both have dissolved. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the eggs and sugar until they have completely mixed in.
- Add in the vanilla extract and stir well until well distributed.
- Add in the sifted cocoa powder and stir until they have all been integrated in.
- Butter the sides of your springform pan and lightly flour it. This is to minimize the chocolate brownie cake from sticking.
- Pour batter into the pan and give it a few careful hits to dislodge excess air.
- Bake for 31-34 minutes or until the sides have slightly hardened. Its better to underbake this cake than to overbake it.
- Cool for about 1 hour at room temperature before cutting it.
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 Slices
- To achieve full and nice edges on the sides from cutting, see my tips here: Click Here
- The ends that make contact with the springform pan will be sticky and chewy. If you do not like that, you can trim it off with a sharp knife.
- Before you dislodge the springform pan, make sure to use a sharp knife and run through the sides. This cake is extremely fragile.
- This stores well for up to a week, will slightly harden in the fridge.
- To pin it, click here
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I am sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here, I welcome and appreciate it very very much!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan!