Additionally, beginners will be glad to hear that it is absolutely fuss-free to make these Granola Bars. It is pretty much a one-bowl recipe which requires just simple mixing. Naturally, these are also good to make with children, especially teenagers. Not only can they take the ownership in making their own breakfasts, it’s also good family bonding time!
By the way, please note that the video above uses 1.5x the recipe. It is extremely delicious but may be more fragile to handle. Hence if this is your first time trying this recipe out, stick to the recipe below first.
Pssst… I really like the combination of Honey Butter here if I haven’t mention it already!
Without further ado, the recipe for these Honey Butter Nutty Granola Bars!
Honey Butter Nutty Granola Bars Recipe
by Javier Tan April-29-2023
These Honey Butter Nutty Granola Bars make the perfect breakfast that you can whip up in no time. You will love the harmony of flavours here!
- 2 Cups or 235g of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup or 75g of Almonds, Chopped Coarsely
- 1/2 Cup or 75g of Walnuts, Chopped Coarsely
- Approx. 1/4 or 50g of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup or 140g Honey
- 1/3 Cup or 75g Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbspns + 1 Tsp or 33g Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tspn or 1.4g Table Salt
- 1 Tspn or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 350F and line your 13″ x 9″ baking tray with parchment paper.
- Firstly, heat the honey, butter and light brown sugar at low heat in a saucepan until they form a single consistency. Stir from time to time and adding the salt after it is done.
- Set the mixture aside to cool until just warm to touch.
- In the meanwhile, mix together the dry ingredients (rolled oats, chopped nuts and chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, pour in the honey butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Before you stir, make sure to add the vanilla.
- Next, stir the mixture together until all dry ingredients are coated with the honey butter mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking tray, producing a layer and evening it out with a spoon.
- Bake for about 22-27 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Since it varies from oven to oven, I strongly recommend you to observe carefully from the 22 minute mark to achieve maximum brownness from the toasting.
- Once done, cool the tray at a wire rack with the bars still in the tray for about an hour.
- After its cooled, cut and serve into slices.
- Prep time: 0 hour 20 mins
- Cook time: 0 hour 20 mins
- Total time: 0 hour 40 mins
- Yield: 1 x 13″ x 9″ tray of Honey Butter Nutty Granola Bars!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks
- Feel free to ask if you’ve further questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan