Soft and spongy, this Loaded Banana Cake is packed with streaks of dark chocolate and crunchy bits of roasted nuts. The hearty flavours built upon the background flavour of riped bananas, this is one cake that everyone will appreciate!
My inspiration for this Loaded Banana Cake stems from my liking to mix the main three components together and to eat it together. The three components are chocolate, banana and nuts. This is an awesome trio that can’t go wrong and has been served together in various desserts and snacks.
I thought that it would be a brilliant idea for these three components to be assembled into an easy-to-make yet enjoyable treat. However, crafting this recipe is not without its own challenges. It was slightly daunting to ensure that the cake can hold the chocolate and cashew in yet remaining soft and fluffy without collapsing. I am really glad that I managed to nail it!
As this recipe is easy to make, I will not be elaborating too much on the procedures. However, I would strongly recommend the use of a hand-mixer (though please do not overmix). Using the hand-mixer, I had everything done in less than 5 minutes. Nonetheless, whisking by hand works just as well!
Furthermore, feel free to be creative with what you add but with research! Some baking ingredients such as oats tend to sound like a good idea, but can actually have effects on the finished products such as being too dry. Feel free to ask me if you need any ideas or if you have any questions!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Loaded Banana Cake Recipe
by Javier Tan February-22-2020
Soft and spongy, this Loaded Banana Cake has streaks of dark chocolate and crunchy bits of roasted nuts, their heartiness built on the aroma of bananas!
- 1/4 Cup or 60g of Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled
- 1 and 1/2 Cup or 180g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of Granulated White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons or 35g of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon or 15ml of Milk (Room Temperature)
- 3 Large and Ripe Bananas, weighing total of 210g without peel and mashed
- 1 Large Egg, weighing approx 60g including shell
- 1 Tsp or 5ml Vanilla Essence (2.5ml if using extract)
- 1/2 Tsp or 3g of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp or 1.4g of Table Salt
- 1/8 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 Cup or 150g of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup or 100g of Chopped Nuts (I used cashew)
- Line a 9 x 9 inch baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180 degreesC or 350F.
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla)
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (white sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, flour, half of the dark chocolate chips and cashew).
- Then, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there are no dry lumps. Alternatively, use a hand-mixer for 2 minutes until there are no dry lumps.
- Next, transfer the batter into the baking try and even it out using a spoon or by hitting the tray against the counter. Use the remaining half of the chocolate to sprinkle as toppings for a nice finish (might be messy!).
- Bake for 21 to 24 minutes or until golden brown and slightly shrinking from sides of the baking pan.
- Finally, let it rest for 30 minutes before serving, or 1 hour before storing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 15
- Cook time: 35
- Total time: 0
- Yield: 1 Amazing Loaded Banana Cake!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Best eaten within 3 days!
- Feel free to ask if you need help!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan