This shall be a very short, sweet but worthy recipe! The famous chocolate ganache.
Chocolate Ganache is very common as a topping for cakes and cookies, makes a good dip, along many other uses. It is an extremely silky and decadent chocolate and cream concoction that is worth your time ( you will need less than 10 minutes from start to finish ).
Here’s a picture of my Devil’s Food Cake which I top using the chocolate ganache:
Without further ado, here it is.
- 1 Bowl
- Stove and saucepan
- Measuring Equipment
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 120g of semisweet chocolate, either chocolate chips or small chunks of chocolate
- Fill a bowl with your chocolate. Do take note that the bowl must be such that the heavy whipping cream will be able to cover most of the chocolate.
- Heat heavy whipping cream at medium low heat. Immediately turn off the heat at the appearance of a bubble.
- Immediately transfer the heavy whipping cream to the bowl containing the chocolate. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan!