I thought an interesting point here would be to elaborate more on the difference in temperature and time between the two appliances. In an air fryer, the hot heat is constantly blown towards the bake. Whereas for an oven, the heat is well-distributed. As such, given that the heat is constantly directed towards the bake, you will need a slightly lower temperature. Additionally, slightly less time to complete baking.
Most importantly, both methods give the same finish! Moist and fudgy texture, with a nice fragrance of Pandan and Coconut!
Pandan Brownies Recipe
by Javier Tan July-30-2022
Fudgy and indulgent, these Ondeh Ondeh styled Pandan Brownies will be sure to wow the crowd and is perfect for all age groups!
- 1/2 Cup or 120g of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbspn or 120g of White Sugar
- 55g Eggs, 3
- 2 Tbspn or 30ml of Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp or 5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp or 5ml of Pandan Essence
- 1 and 1/2 Cup or 180g of All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- Gula melaka + water to make glaze
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C (or airfryer to 140 degrees C) and line your pan with parchment paper. You can use a 6 inch round, 7 inch round or 8 inch square baking tray.
- Firstly, melt the butter together using a microwave or double boiler method.
- Next, set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Subsequently, whisk in the sugar until well-combined.
- Then, whisk in the eggs, vanilla and pandan until the batter is of a single consistency.
- Whisk in the coconut milk.
- Sift in the flour and whisk until well-incorporated.
- Then, bake for about 28 – 30 minutes or until golden brown and shrunk from the edges. The timing is the same for both air fryer and oven.
- Serve with glaze (optional) and enjoy!
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 1 Tray of Pandan Borwnies!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature (up to 4 days) or in a fridge (up to a week, however take out 30 minutes prior to serving to soften).
- If storing at room temperature, keep in an airtight container up to a week.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan