Whoever who says that eating healthy means that its disgusting will be proven wrong here! These Banana Honey Oat Cookies are pretty delicious, and that is coming from me, someone who bakes so many unhealthy treats!
Heads up, I am quite the picky eater from time to time and I hardly eat my vegetables. In addition to that, with my usual baking habits, I decided to bake something healthier for a change to ensure that I have sufficient nutrition from the foods that I am consuming.
Well, the title says that it is a three ingredients Banana Honey Oat Cookies Recipe. I am sure that the three ingredients here will be obvious! Banana, Honey and Oat!
I did not want to add any unnatural sweeteners since if you want to be healthy, why not just go all out in the first place! Correct me if I am wrong though, that honey is a natural sweetener. Disclaimer: There is still sugars in this recipe, from the all three ingredients!
Apart from which, most flavour actually comes from the banana itself. As such, I would suggest you to use overripe or near overripe bananas as those are the sweetest. In these scenarios, you would not even have to add any more unnatural sugars, and enjoy the full flavour of these nice bananas! Need I say more?
Here, the oats act kind of like a binding agent, something similar to what flour does in our normal batters ( for those who are not aware! ). Usually what flour does is to bind all those ingredients together, and here, oat does the same job! And a more nutritious job at it!
There are plethora of health benefits of each of the three ingredients here. It is up to you to search it up through any search engines ( usually I use google! ). With these three ingredients combined, this makes for a really healthy and hearty snack, that is still delicious. It is healthy, but it does not have to be unpleasant.
Since this is a very basic cookie, you can feel free to add any more flavourings or other items.
Other Flavours you can add include:
Vanilla Extract, Salt, Spices such as Cinnamon and Nutmeg
Other toppings you can add include:
Chocolate Chips, Sliced or Chopped Nuts, Oat Bran, Dry Fruits such as Raisins
Feel free to customize this basic cookie to your preference!
For the gluten free option, ensure that the oat you used is certified gluten free, and do not have any contact with flour, or any other possible products that can contaminate your oats with gluten!
Before going on to the recipe, here’s another gorgeous shot of these delicious and easy Three Ingredients Banana Honey Oat Cookies! I really like how they turned out in my camera too!
Do note that they are chewy and slightly sticky!
Without further ado, onward to the recipe and healthy eating!
Banana Honey Oat Cookies
by Javier Tan August-21-2017
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be unpleasant when you have these nutritious yet delicious cookies! Makes a great snack!
- 3/4 or 105g Cups Oats
- 1 or 15ml Tablespoon Honey
- 150g or 1/2 Cup Mashed Bananas
- Personal Preference Flavourings such as Vanilla Extract or Salt
- Personal Preference Toppings such as Chocolates or Nuts, Up to 1/4 Cup
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C or 350F. Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together the three ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on the parchment paper. They will not spread.
- Bake for about 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes before consuming.
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 Tablespoon Sized Cookies
- Recipe can be multiplied accordingly to how many cookies you want to make.
- It keeps well at room temperature for up to three days in an airtight container but best consumed the day it is made itself.
- In order to make it gluten free, ensure that there are your oats are certified gluten free.
- The cookie will be on the slight sticky side.
- To Pin it Click here
- Do feel free to share with me what you have made on my Instagram @Bakeomaniac, or my facebook page Bakeomaniac!
Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan!