Furthermore, these Brownie Crinkle Cookies are really easy to make. They do puff up and expand a lot so I would suggest baking a sample of 3-4 cookies on a baking tray just for you to gauge the rest! Also, do go towards the side of underbaking instead of overbaking. Especially since underbaking yields a fudgy cookie but overbaking causes a too hard and crispy cookie.
I cherish this Brownie Crinkle Cookies really much and I hope you will like it too! If you are curious about the development, I modified it from my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (click here!).
Without further ado, the recipe!
Brownie Crinkle Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan May-31-2020
These Brownie Crinkle Cookies are crispy with a slightly fudgy brownie-like interior. With sea salt, these have an amazing balance of textures and flavours!
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons of Flour, or 135g All Purpose Flour or Plain Flour
- 1/3 Cup or 30g Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 Cup or 140g Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon or 4g Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Butter
- 2/3 Cup or 160g Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs, Large, At Room Temperature, Each weighing 55g inclusive of shell
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt (for garnishing, optional)
- Melt together butter and chocolate (double boiling or low heat) and set aside to cool for 5 mins.
- Then, in a separate bowl, mix together the salt, egg, vanilla and sugar until a single consistency is achieved.
- Next, mix in the egg mixture into the butter chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, baking powder) into the wet ingredients and fold in until no dry ingredients can be observed.
- Refrigerate the batter for 20 minutes to allow it to harden slightly. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180 degrees C / 350 F and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- When ready to bake, scoop tablespoonfuls of the batter onto the baking tray (they spread about 6-7 cm or a couple of inches).
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until nicely cracked and a little domed. However, underbaking is better than overbaking!
- Allow it to cool to room temperature on its tray for about 30 minutes before serving. You can either top it off with sea salt before baking or at this stage during cooling.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 1 hour
- Yield: 18 – 24 Cookies
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan