Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I dislike famous amos cookies. I still really love their Chocolate Chip Cookies. I grew up eating them, buying them as my guilty pleasure! But if I can make batches myself that taste better, I am sure the answer is obvious. Should it not be obvious, well, I will definitely make matches of my own! The taste of love definitely changes the game.
DO NOT, and never underestimate these cookies. They look awesome, and trust me, they taste awesome.
They are nicely soft and chewy. If you like them crispy, you should eat them immediately after it cools for about 5 minutes out of the oven. Alternatively, you can reheat them at perhaps about 100 or 120 degrees C for a short while. I suspect that is how stores selling fresh cookies keep their cookies crisp, with the impression of being fresh ( I would like to assume they are all fresh! ).
I would like you to take note, however. As these are chocolate chip cookies, the quality of chocolate being used here is extremely crucial. The better the quality of the chocolate used, the better the chocolate chip cookies will taste. They are proportionate! Of course, you can use chocolate chunks as well but here I really want to use up all my chocolate chips! Feel free to use more chocolate chips than recommended as well.
Another side note is that you can definitely add other things such as nuts and dried fruits. For me, I am just in the mood for pure chocolate chip cookies. I am just that crazy chocoholic in school that people are staring at me and will exclaim ” He’s eating chocolates for lunch?! “. Yup I am that guy, GUILTY!
My amazing and easy cookie batter, will definitely serve as a safety net for you however. I mean how bad can the chocolates you use taste anyway?
You can also easily double or triple the recipe. I am baking a very small portion here because I am running low on butter!
Also, my inspiration for these cookies comes from
1) I heard that its chocolate chip cookies day, at least for some countries!
2) I haven’t posted my chocolate chip cookies recipe on my blog!
One last note! These cookies are really thin as they spread out a lot! You will definitely enjoy them if you do not like thick cookies!
Here’s the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Javier Tan August-5-2017
These are not your typical Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are extraordinarily delicious and are abnormally easy to make!
- 1 and 1/4 Cups or 150g All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Lightly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 or 3g Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 or 1g Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg, approx 50-60g, Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup / 150g Semisweet Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350F and line your trays with parchment paper.
- Cream together the softened butter and the two sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and stir well until it is incorporated such that there are no longer dark streaks of yellow from the egg yolk.
- Add in the vanilla extract, salt and baking soda and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in the flour and the chocolate chips until just combined. Stop immediately when there are no longer lumps of flour.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on the baking tray, leaving about 2.5 inches allowance for expansion during baking.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins Yield: About 20 5cm Cookies
- You can easily double or triple the recipe.
- The cooking time depends and might change depending on how many batches / baking trays you can fit in your oven. 20 minutes is for 2 bakes.
- Store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week. It will slightly harden when stored in a refrigerator.
- To Pin It, Click Here
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I am sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here, I welcome and appreciate it very very much!
Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan!