The making of these Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies is simple. Firstly, it is like any other cookie recipe you’ve baked which involves creaming. Subsequently, the remaining steps involve simple mixing. If you would like to assemble it faster, use a hand mixer!
Only pointer to take note would be the use of cream cheese. It takes a while for cream cheese to be softened to room temp (2 – 3 hours). Furthermore, creaming of cream cheese with butter does not completely combine both. As such, it is expected to see very small lumps of cream cheese. However, there’s no concern here as the flour binds them altogether for the batter!
Additionally, these cookies do not spread much so make sure to shape it as you would like it. For myself, I used an ice cream scoop for consistency and then flattened each cookie ball.
Without further ado, the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan June-08-2022
These Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies are lightly tart, flavourful and chewy. A good use to give Cream Cheese a new lease of life!
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tsps or 70g of Butter, Softened at Room Temp
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Cream Cheese, Softened at Room Temp
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 55g Egg, large, 1
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of White Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Tsp or 3g of Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/3 Cup or 150g of All-Purpose Flour, Sifted
- Approx 3/4 Cup or 170g of Chocolate Chips of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Firstly, cream together the cream cheese, butter and two sugars.
- Next, whisk in the egg.
- Then, whisk in the vanilla and salt until the batter is of a single consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. If the flour is lumpy, sift before combining.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chip until batter is thick and sticky.
- Distribute the cookie batter using an ice cream scoop or spoon. The batter does not spread much and the shape remains the same after baking.
- Then, bake for about 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown (based on my timing using tablespoon sized batter).
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 15 – 25 Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature (on the day itself) or in a fridge (up to a week)
- If storing at room temperature, keep in an airtight container up to a week.
- Batter can be frozen and baked again.
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan