Personally, I am a huge fan of any jam-filled items especilly because of the refreshing fruity tones. It is always so difficult to incorporate fruits into a bake and I am glad to have discovered one way of doing so! Furthermore, matching with granola is such a treat to give that external crunch!
I had a lot of fun making these and its so easy to assemble and at the same time, the harmony between flavours and textures is really amazing. You will definitely know what I mean when you make these Jam Filled Granola Bars yourself!
In addition, if you do not want to make the granola from scratch, simply used rolled oats or make extra biscuit layer to top over!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Jam Filled Granola Bars Recipe
by Javier Tan March-28-2021
These Jam Filled Granola Bars make a fruity, hearty breakfast and snack on the go! Each refreshing bite comes with earthiness!
For Base Layer:
- 1/3 Cup or 85g of Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup or 122g of Plain Flour
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 Cup or 50g of Rolled Oats / Granola
- Pinch of Salt
For Topping and Jam:
- 1 Jar, approx 250g of Fruit Spread or Jam, Unsweetened Preferably
- 50g of Fruits (Matching flavour with the Jam), Optional
- Additional 80g of Granola for Topping (If you do not have this, simply x2 the biscuit layer recipe and save a third of it as topping)
For the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your 8 inches square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugar until it forms a consistent layer.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Then, fold in the granola/rolled oats, pinch of salt and flour until it forms a nice ball of dough. You can use your hands here too!
- Next, transfer the dough to form an even layered base at the bottom of the 8 x 8 inch tray and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Once done, remove and spread the fruit spread (and sliced fruits if using) to form a layer and top with extra biscuit layer or granola.
- Bake for an additional 13 – 15 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Set aside at room temperature for 2 hours or overnight in the fridge to firm up for slicing! It will be gooey when freshly baked and difficult to slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 00 mins
- Yield: 1 Trayful of Awesome Jam Filled Granola Bars!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Serve fresh at room temperature (up to three days) or in a fridge (up to 2 weeks).
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan