These Strawberry Crumble Bars come with a gooey strawberry center surrounded by a nice vanilla flavoured pastry. These bars resemble the flavour profile of strawberries and cream with some crisp and slight chewiness!
For my Strawberry Crumble Bars, I used a combination of fresh strawberries and strawberry jam! The fresh strawberries, which may be slightly sour, adds a tartness to the flavour profile. In addition, the strawberry jam provides the sweetness of the strawberry and gel together the crumble bars!
Furthermore, this recipe is not at all difficult to assemble and takes at most 30 minutes to prepare!
My personal reasons why I love these strawberry crumble bars is because of how the flavours and textures come together. The bottom pastry is chewy while the top is slightly crisp with a gooey center. I really appreciate this combination of textures and how tasty it is in a bite!
Without further ado, let me provide you the full recipe!
Strawberry Crumble Bars Recipe
by Javier Tan May-06-2020
These Strawberry Crumble Bars make the perfect breakfast. With an easy to enjoy combination of textures and flavours, these are the best to wake up to!
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons or 145g of Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled to Room Temperature
- 1 and 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon or 200g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour (and extra for flouring the surface)
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Teapoon or 105g of Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Cup or 100g of Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Tsp or 1.4g of Table Salt
- 1 Tsp or 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup or 90g of Strawberries, Chopped into Small Slices
- 2/3 Cup or 205g of Stawberry Jam, Unsweetened or Slightly Sweetened Preferably
- Firstly, line a 8 x 8 inch baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350F.
- Then, mix together the butter and sugar until it comes together.
- Next, stir in the table salt and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Mix in the rolled oats and plain flour using a spoon.
- Use 2/3 (two-third) of this batter to line the base of the baking tray, using a spoon to even it out.
- Then, cover the top of it with strawberry jam first followed by strawberries.
- Next, spoon the 1/3 of the batter over the strawberry layer and then use your fingers to gently even it out.
- Bake for about 38 to 43 minutes or until it is brown on the edges.
- Leave to cool for an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time: 30
- Cook time: 40
- Total time: 1
- Yield: Approx A tray of mouthwatering Strawberry Crumble Bars!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Best eaten within 5 days and stored in an airtight container.
- Feel free to ask if you need help!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan