The avocado is an extremely luxurious and nutritious food that we can try to include in our diet here and there! As these are certainly not cheap, they come to me as a treat. A Chocolate Avocado Milkshake will surely let the fruity flavours shine against a smooth background of melted dark chocolate and milk.
In creating this Chocolate Avocado Milkshake, a balance of flavours will most certainly be appreciated and needed. The flavour of the Avocado can be so easily overwhelmed.
To aid me in my creation, I have used a mild flavoured honey for sweetening because of its ease to be incorporated. The use of coarse sugar can give a grainier finish to the milkshake, which is not what I wanted!
In addition to this, there is also the chocolate component. While you can add in melted chocolate and blend, I find it interesting to add it hot and melted at the base for a decorative, delicious purpose. You can even consider drawing designs at the outline of the cup with the melted chocolate!
Note that unless you are serving it immediately, do not prepare the chocolate until you are serving. This is due to the hardening of the chocolate while chilling, making it difficult to mix when served.
Otherwise, this recipe is almost foolproof and up to your creative freedom to serve up! Presenting to you, my Chocolate Avocado Milkshake Recipe! Do top it off with cocoa powder before serving to give that extra chocolate-y boost!
Chocolate Avocado Milkshake Recipe
by Javier Tan October-06-2019
As these are certainly not cheap, they come to me as a treat. A Chocolate Avocado Milkshake will surely let the fruity flavours shine against a smooth background of melted dark chocolate and milk.
- 2 Cups and 1 Tablespoon or 500ml of Full Cream Milk
- 2 Tablespoons or 37g of Honey (or to taste)
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.25ml of Vanilla Extract (Double if using essence)
- 3 Avocados, Seeds Removed
- Approx 1/2 Cup or 100g of Semisweet Chocolate
- First, chop up the avocados finely to be suitable for your blender.
- Then, combine all the ingredients with half the honey and blend / pulse for approx 3-4 minutes until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Check for clumps of avocado and continue blending if present.
- Finally, add in the honey as needed to taste. Using sugar gives a grainier finish.
- Melt the chocolate over the double boiler at low heat and then place it in the base of the cup.
- Transfer the avocado milkshake into the cups.
- Chill and serve!
- Prep time: 3
- Cook time: 0
- Total time: 0
- Yield: 4 Cups of Chocolate Avocado Milkshake
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Chill it before serving. You can keep it up to 3 days. If adding melting chocolate, only add the chocolate when serving or it will solidify after being chilled.
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan