A harmonious combination of sweet and sour, these Cream Cheese Muffins are basically cheese cake in the form of a muffin except much simpler to make and way more effortless to chew!
Introducing these scrumptious Cream Cheese Muffins, they will certainly give you a party in the mouth and is worth every single minute of effort, especially so when they are pretty effortless to make!
This is why I love making muffins so much too!
I shall stick to my old and gold style of breaking it into taste & texture, method of preparation and ingredients.
For the taste and texture, it is simply amazing. I know that is certainly insufficient since you have not tasted any of these.
Giving more details, the tangy cream cheese stands out against the background of a delicately sweet muffin batter base. Careful deliberation was made in the crafting of the recipe on my end to ensure that it is neither too tangy nor too sweet but you can definitely alter it accordingly!
The texture? It is slightly crumbly and is dense ( since it is not a cupcake afterall! ). These cream cheese muffins have a really firm texture but is still pretty effortless to chew!
Next up, the method of preparation. Simple, simple, simple!
All you have to do is to mix it all up with a spoon! You do not even have to sift the flour, unless of course, it is really clumpy!
The most tricky part here, which is in actuality still pretty simple, is the incorporation of cream cheese. Simply take a chunk of measured cream cheese and pinch small portions into the batter! Here is an attached picture of how I did it, although it does not look really glamorous!
My mantra here is that so long the picture helps you understand better, it should be here!
Last but not least, the ingredients.
I am not using anything special here, just using anything I can find on discount so you should have no worries on choosing the ingredients for this recipe!
Finally, my favourite part, which is the revelation of the Cream Cheese Muffins recipe! I hope you enjoy this recipe and please do give me any feedback if you bake these!
Cream Cheese Muffins
by Javier Tan December-30-2018
An all-time classic with a fine balance in both the sweet and savoury department, making it a perfect snack for many!
- 1/2 Cup or 125g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Light Brown Sugar Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Cups or 180g All Purpose/Plain Flour, Sifted
- 2 Teaspoons or 8g Baking Powder, Sifted
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 1 Large Egg, 55g, at Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml Vanilla Extract or 10ml of Vanilla Essence
- 170g or 3/4 Cup, up to 225g / 1 Cup Cream Cheese, Refrigerated
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C or 400F. Line your muffin tins with liners or butter them well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat or via a microwave and leave a side until cooled.
- Add in both the sugars and mix well with a spoon until incorporated.
- Add in the egg, salt and vanilla. Stir until a single consistency is achieved.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder and plain flour.
- Take out your refrigerated (but not frozen) cream cheese and pinch small portions out of them before adding them into the batter. Do not stir them in yet.
- Transfer the flour and baking powder mixture into the main batter. Now, stir them together until there are no longer any dry lumps of ingredients. Do not overmix or mix too hard (cream cheese might disintegrate).
- Divide the batter into twelve equal portions.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes depending on how browned you like them to be. The toothpick should come out clean as well.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: 12 Amazing Muffins!!
- Store well in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- For any questions, feel free to contact me via any of my social medias or the comment section down below 🙂
– Bakeomaniac, Javier!