This Peanut Butter Banana Muffins come with the richness and wholesomeness of flavours. With the Peanut Butter and Banana combination, nothing can go wrong! In this recipe, it is vegetarian-friendly as well. I have included the substitution for the egg version too.
Moist and fluffy, the addition of baking powder gives it an amazing boost while retaining how moist it is. Hence, do not be surprised that they will be finished really quickly off the table, especially when they are warm!
I have made sure to add a vegetarian version for a friend of mine. As such, I have used applesauce to substitute for the egg on a gram-for-gram basis in this recipe. Similarly, you can definitely use other substitutes such as virgin coconut oil, I will make some experimentation on that too. Always feel free to give me recommendations and I will be happy to explore and learn along the way!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Recipe
by Javier Tan August-04-2019
Moist and melt-in-your-mouth, these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are sure to give you that dose of peanuty and fruity goodness all at one go!
- 1 and 3/4 Cups or 210g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g of Granulated White Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon or 3g of Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon or 4.5g of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.5g of Table Salt
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 1/3 Cup of 80g of Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Milk
- 1/4 Cup or 65g of Applesauce or 1 Large Egg
- 200g or approx 3 Large Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon or 5ml of Vanilla Extract (double for Essence)
- 1/2 Cup or 100g of Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- First, preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Next, melt the butter together with the peanut butter until it forms a single mixture. Cool it for about 5-10 mins.
- To the mixture, add the two sugars, vanilla essence and salt and mix well.
- Then, add milk, applesauce and the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Next, add in the chocolate chips if using and mix well.
- Finally, mix well the flour, baking powder and baking soda together before adding them into the batter.
- Distribute the muffins to twelve equal portions and bake for approximately 18-20 minutes. I rotated the tray at the 15 minutes mark.
- Once it has finished baking, set aside to cool for 15 minutes before serving!
- Prep time: 2
- Cook time: 2
- Total time: 0
- Yield: 12 Moist and Rich Muffins!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days. Optimally, eat it within 3 days!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan