These Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins are divinely decadent. Besides being so nicely moist and luxurious, these Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins are easy to master! (Also, even easier to eat!).
I can almost forget when was the last time I shared a muffin recipe and I haven’t baked muffins in ages! Furthermore, I thought it is a suitable time to take a break from bun making share a simple recipe close to my heart.
These Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins make a hearty bake that is not too sweet and it is easy to enjoy. We all know that the combination of chocolate and banana is one of the best in the world! It is exactly why I like making muffins too because I get to create these interesting flavours altogther, in one bake and one bite!
In addition, you can even cut back on the sugar required of my recipe which is exactly what I did.
I do notice that they will become slightly less moist, but still sufficiently moist for you and your family to enjoy! I guarantee that!
Also, bonus sharing! If you use just-ripe bananas instead of very ripe bananas, you can actually get banana chunks! Just don’t mash them up too much for this effect and it will be extremely flavourful!
For my Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins, I like to use dark chocolate chips or chunks too. The minimum I will go is semisweet. This is because the bananas, due to its high natural sugar content, is on the sweeter end. Therefore, the balance with dark chocolate is not just delicious but maintains that tasty combination!
Finally, do not forget to sift your dry ingredients if needed as we do not want any clumps of flour or cocoa powder in our muffins!
Without further ado, the recipe!
Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
by Javier Tan June-13-2019
These Dark Chocolate Banana Muffins have a flavour that is a match made in heaven, recreated in your kitchen! Decadent, moist and easy to make!
- 1 and 1/2 Cups or 180g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Brown Sugar ( I cut this to 50g for a less sweet version)
- 1/4 Cup or 50g White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup or 30g Cocoa Powder
- 1 and 1/4 Teaspoons or 5g of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.5g of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1g of Table Salt
- 1/2 Cup or 115g of Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/3 Cup or 80g of Milk, Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg (approx 55g inclusive of shell), Room Temperature
- 3/4 Teaspoon or 3.75ml of Vanilla Extract (double it if using essence)
- 2-3 Medium Sized Bananas, Mashed (I used a total of 160g Bananas, exclusive of the skin)
- Approx 1 Cup or 170-200g of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350F and line your muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix the cooled, melted butter with the two sugars and mix until it is of a single consistency.
- Proceed to mix in the egg until it is of a single consistency.
- Proceed to add the milk, mashed bananas and vanilla and mix until it is of a single consistency.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Sift if needed to prevent clumps. Mix just until all the dry ingredients are mixed in and can no longer be seen.
- Divide the batter into twelve equal portions. You can weigh the batter for maximum accuracy.
- Bake for about 19 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins come out with only a few small crumbs.
- Set aside to cool for about 30 minutes before serving!
- Prep time: 15
- Cook time: 25
- Total time: 0
- Yield: 12 Decadent Muffins!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan