Looking for a foolproof crunchy chocolate chip cookie recipe? Look no further and include this in your recipe arsenal!
These Chrunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies are so amazingly delicious yet so easy to make, you will be able to wow your friends and family without needing much skills except in appreciating a good freshly homemade cookie! It is also crispy without needing any special techniques!
I don’t know which is the best part of these cookies for me! Will be when you break the cookie into two and hear that crunch that persists for days, or will it be that melty chocolate chip sensation when you just pop one right into your mouth shortly after it cools?
I will let you decide!
Allow me to do a short introduction according to the Taste and Texture, Ingredients and Method of Preparation!
First up, the taste and texture!
Well it obviously tastes delicious. But how delicious? Just picture yourself eating melting chocolate chips with this really nice and subtle vanilla background that is not too sweet. Basically, the chocolate is the main attention but its complement of vanilla further alleviates its flavour.
It will stay crunchy and crispy for at least 3 days if you store it correctly. By that, I mean airtight and not just placing it in the container. The best would be to use storage containers that ensure air tightness ( such as mason jars ) or ziploc bags.
Next up, the Ingredients!
There’s really nothing much to be mentioned of here, the ingredients are pretty standard. I am really happy to announce, however, that melted butter is used here so no worries on the waiting for butter to soften and all that hassle! This is as convenient as it gets!
Regarding the chocolate quality, use what that tastes good to you (Duh! ).
Then the method of preparation!
Another convenient part! Just mix everything together. Nothing more needs to be explained is there!
Its just goodness built on goodness. For the finale, the recipe now!
Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
by Javier Tan August-26-2018
One bowl, one spoon and one oven! That’s all you need to make these extremely amazing and rightfully crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Need I say more? Except, beware of finishing them by yourself!
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoon or 75g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Cups or 180g All Purpose/Plain Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.5g Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 1 Large Eggs, 55g each, Room Temperature
- 1 and 1/4 Teaspoon or 6.25ml Vanilla Extract or 11.5ml of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Cup or 200g Semisweet Chocolate Chips / Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and leave to cool until room temperature.
- Add in both the sugar to the butter and mix together until you achieve a single consistency.
- Add in the egg and mix well. Mixing well is important at this stage!
- Add in vanilla extract, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Mix in the flour until there are no longer any dry lumps of flour sticking out.
- Spoon the batter onto your trays. I did spoonfuls ( somewhere between 2.5 tsp to 3.5 tsp size ). Leave about 2 inches between them. Do a few first to test out the spread of the cookies!
- Bake the cookies for about 11-14 minutes or until it is nicely golden brown.
- Cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving or storing!
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: About 20 cookies, depending on how much you eat as you bake!
- Store in airtight container / ziploc bag for up to 5 days,
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Feel free to ask me any questions through any platforms that I use!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan