With the festive Christmas season here, its an extremely suitable time to make loads of cookies to be given as gifts. A choice I have chosen to bake is these Lemon Butter Cookies. I dipped some of which in a lemon honey glaze to make it all the more zesty!
My favourite part about baking these lemon butter cookies is definitely how it doesn’t require much effort or time. I simply rolled them into balls of batter before flattening it slightly to bake. I did the glaze (recipe shared below too) with just one fork and everything gets together pretty well.
These lemon butter cookies are classy and zesty. They are not too simple and makes an impressive gifts for friends without spending too much time in the kitchen! Perfect if you are really busy too!
Furthermore, I think one can definitely appreciate how simple the ingredients are. I would even say that almost everyone can make them!
Some potential questions that I shall answer in advanced are (or at least I foresee, let me know if I am accurate!):
1. Is the glaze too sweet? Nope it isn’t, it is more of zesty!
2. How long can the cookies keep for? I would say about 4-5 days for the normal ones, and 3 days for the glazed.
3. What variety of Honey can i use? You can use any type of honey, just make sure its to your liking! Taste along as you make.
Should you have more questions, feel free to ask! Meanwhile, here’s the recipe!
Lemon Butter Cookies Recipe (With Optional Lemon Glaze)
by Javier Tan December-22-2019
Zesty and simple to make, these Lemon Butter Cookies are mouthwateringly delicious. Finish it with a glaze for extra tanginess!
For Cookie Batter:
- 1/2 Cup or 120g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons, or 70g of Powdered Sugar (Also known as Confectioner’s Sugar, Icing Sugar)
- 1/2 Cup or 110g of All-Purpose / Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoon or 10g of Corn Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g of Table Salt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Lemon Juice (30ml, obtainable from 1 lemon)
For Honey Lemon Glaze:
- 2 Teaspoons or 10g of Unsalted Butter, Softened at Room Temperature
- 3/4 Cup or 90g of Powdered Sugar (or Icing Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon or 18g of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon or 15ml of Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350F.
- Then, cream the powdered sugar together with the softened butter until it is slightly fluffy and light yellow.
- Next, mix in the table salt, lemon zest and lemon juice until it is of a single consistency.
- Fold in the cornflour and all-purpose flour. If the flour appears lumpy, sift before folding in.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then, take tablespoonfuls of the batter (approx 17-19g) and roll into a ball-shape before placing it on your tray at 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the edges.
- To prepare the lemon glaze, mix together all 4 ingredients using a fork or a small whisk until it comes together. If too watery, add more powdered sugar. If too clumpy, add more lemon juice or honey ( and to taste ).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20
- Total time: 1
- Yield: Approx 15-20 tangy Lemon Cookies!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Best eaten within 5 days!
- Feel free to ask if you need help!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan