Continuing my streak of bread machine recipes, here comes my Purple Sweet Potato Loaf Bread Machine Recipe! For those who’ve heard from my socials, my bread machine was out for two years before I got a new one. During this period, I had quite a few ideas I wanted to try!
Now, I finally get to bring my ideas to life so bear with me for the consecutive bread machine recipes. For those who’ve been requesting for bread machine recipes, you’re truly in luck.
My inspiration for this Purple Sweet Potato Loaf Bread Machine Recipe is for a healthier and more nutritious bread. While multigrain and the likes of it remain a good contender, they may make bread slightly coarse.
However, the addition of purple sweet potatoes provides such good nutritions without compromising on texture and taste. You can see from the video just how fluffy this loaf is, and I like the touch of earthiness from the sweet potatoes.
Furthermore, this loaf is easy and fuss-free to make. The most challenging and time consuming aspect would most probably be the preparation of sweet potatoes. Here, you can boil, steam, or bake them. For myself, I chose boiling as it is the most straightforward option for me. Additionally, it is easy to poke the potato to test its softness, as compared to steaming or baking.
Once you have the sweet potatoes on hand, puree them to form a paste-like mixture and you are good to go! I like how these purple sweet potatoes add a nice shade of purple while being packed with fiber and minerals.
For those who would like to modify this further, consider adding a filling such as raisins, or to make it savoury! A potential savoury idea could be to add shredded mozzarella for a nice touch of milkiness.
Without further ado, the recipe!
Purple Sweet Potato Loaf Bread Machine Recipe
by Javier Tan May-05-2023
This Purple Sweet Potato Loaf Bread Machine Recipe is sure to impress with its beautiful natural colours while being absolutely fluffy!
I am using a bread maker of 500g capacity for this recipe. For 750g version, multiply this recipe by 1.5x!
For Bread (500g):
- 1/2 Cup or 120g Milk, Room Tempearture
- 3 Tbspns or 55g Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Approx 2/3 Cup or 80g Sweet Potato Puree (I boiled and mashed)
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tspn or 55g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon or 2g Table Salt
- 1 and 3/4 Cups or 225g Bread Flour
- Approx 1 and 1/2 Tsp or 4.5g Instant Dry Yeast
- Firstly, prepare the mashed sweet potatoes. You can boil for 18 minutes or to steam it for 12 – 16 minutes before mashing them while hot. Then, set aside to cool before adding to your bread machine.
- Place the ingredients in the sequence as specified by your Bread Machine’s instruction manual. For a reference, I added the wet ingredients first (Milk, Butter, Sweet Potato Puree), followed by sugar and salt, before finally adding flour and yeast!
- Then, start the Soft Bread function. Different bread maker have different functions, feel free to reach out if unsure!
- Serve and enjoy once you are done!
- Prep time: 0 hour 20 mins
- Cook time: 3 hour 40 mins
- Total time: 4 hour 0 mins
- Yield: 1 x Soft and Fluffy Purple Sweet Potato Loaf
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 – 5 days.
- Feel free to ask if you’ve further questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan
Leave A Comment