These Banana Blondies are so good, my original intention was to keep it as a secret recipe. However, it is not so secret afterall, because I have ( fortunately for you! ) decided to publish it on my blog and let it be an open secret. Well it is worthwhile to share the joy of baking, isn’t it?
I am aware that banana cake and banana pound cake, and so on are frequent go to recipes when there are overripe bananas at the counter, with its black spots blatantly hinting you that you should use them. However, these banana blondies will challenge that notion, and become one of those recipes that you will now use when you have overripe bananas!
I can’t help but continuously write, you won’t regret it. This recipe requires very few ingredients and is absolutely hassle free. Heck, I managed to make in less than an hour including the time these spent baking in the oven!
There is a very pleasant delectable banana flavour in here as it is the main star. There are almost absolutely no other flavours except a small dash of vanilla to give it some of that nice subtle flavour for the banana to shine.
If there is such a word as “banana-ness” this recipe is the epitome of banana-ness. Haha it would definitely be fun saying “bananna-ness” in real life! Try it!
This recipe also does not require any special equipment. Apart from my measuring cups, all I have utilized is the mixing bowl, fork, spoon and my 8 x 8 inches baking tray. How hassle free is that?
Here is a recipe video guide to accompany this recipe of mine! I am really happy to do this because this is my first official Youtube Video!
Banana Blondies Secret Recipe
by Javier Tan July-15-2017
This recipe is so good I wanted to keep it as a secret but decided to share it in the end! They are like banana cakes but with a brownie texture!
- 1 Cup or 120g All Purpose / Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup or 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Granulated White Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.4g Table Salt
- 180g Mashed Bananas
- 1/4 Teaspoon or 1.25ml Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup or 115g Unsalted Butter, Melted and Cooled to Room Temperature
- 1 Large Egg, weighing 55g total inclusive of shell, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350F. Line the base of your 8 x 8 inches baking tray with parchment paper or grease it well.
- Mix together melted butter and the two sugars.
- Add in the egg, mashed bananas, vanilla and salt and stir until well combined.
- Add in the all purpose flour and stir until just combined. Do not over mix or your blondies will have bread-like consistency.
- Bake for about 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for about 45 minutes before cutting. You can cut them just like how you would cut cakes, and do not need to employ any special techniques unlike for the cutting of brownies.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Yield: 1 8 x 8 Inches Tray
- Keep well at room temperature for up to 3 days, in an airtight container.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator but it will be slightly hardened as the butter will solidify.
- To pin it, click here!
- If you are sharing this recipe on your social media, please do feel free to link it back here or give me a mention! Its a much appreciated reward and encouragement for the hard work I put in to create this recipe, to me! ( Not compulsory but its my personal wish! )
- If sharing on your personal website, please contact me for permission.
- For any questions, feel free to contact me on any of my social media platforms!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan