This Chocolate Chip Loaf recipe serves as the third of my Bread Maker recipe series. Delightfully soft with chunks of slightly melted, soft chocolate chips, each slice will tempt you for more!
This Chocolate Chip Loaf has its chocolate-y background from the addition of cocoa powder. After which, chocolate chips were added for that delicious melty and soft texture. My favourite part would be how convenient it is to make just by having a Bread Machine.
While hand-kneaded bread is preferred by me for its softness, I can’t deny the convenience a Bread Machine offers. Furthermore, this recipe I developed ensures that the softness and flavour are still maintained. In addition, you can shape the dough however you like apart from a loaf. Should you be interested in a hand-kneaded version of this, it will be up someday!
However, do be cautious with the amount of chocolate added. Of my four experiments for this Chocolate Chip Loaf recipe, one of the ingredients I changed constantly was the amount of chocolate chips. Should too much chocolate chips are added, it could be too heavy for your bread to rise, creating a denser finish.
Nonetheless, it depends on the finished texture you are going for. If you like something softer, add towards the lower range (provided in the recipe card). On the other hand, if you like something slightly denser, add towards the higher range. Needless to say, I liked all the bread that came out because afterall, its still chocolate!
Apart from which, I doubt you will face any problems with this simple recipe. However, you can feel free to contact me if you need help and I will be glad to assist! For those venturing into bread maker machines, you can assess two of my other bread maker recipes here:
Hokkaido Milk Loaf (Breadmaker)
Pandan Loaf (Breadmaker)
Without further ado, the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Loaf Bread Maker Recipe
by Javier Tan November-03-2019
Fluffy with slightly melted chocolate chip chunks, this Chocolate Chip Loaf achieves both convenience and flavour through a bread maker machine! Each slice will have you wanting more!
I am using a bread maker of at least 700g capacity for this recipe. It does rise a bit!
- 2 and 1/2 Cups or 310g Bread Flour
- 1/4 Cup or 25g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature, 55g each
- 3/4 Teaspoon or 4g Table Salt
- 1 Tablespoon or 7g Instant Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup or 60g Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon or 140g Milk
- 0.5 – 1.5 Cups, or 150g – 250g Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Place the ingredients in the sequence as specified by your Bread Maker’s instruction manual. For a reference, I added everything at the bottom before adding flour and then yeast!
- Bake as per the bread maker machine specify. However, different bread maker have different functions. For mine, I used a French Bread Function.
- Then, add the chocolate chips. I added mine at a “feeding point” stage which is an hour later.
- Finally, serve and enjoy once you are done! This bread does brown quite a bit, sometimes I remove it approximately 5 minutes before the stated timing if I notice that it becomes too brown.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Yield: A delicious chocolate loaf!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days. Optimally, eat it within 4 days!
- As this guide is quite general depending on which Bread Maker you are using, feel free to consult me if you have any questions!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan