This Pepper Cheese Loaf (BreadMaker) is a slightly savoury loaf that is still soft and fluffy! I decided to develop this recipe after having done four sweet loaves using the Bread Maker machine. Especially given how well-received the Hokkaido Milk Loaf recipe was, I hope this will be a good baking idea too!
As per all my breadmaker recipes, this Pepper Cheese Loaf requires no fuss at all. You can simply place in all the ingredients and let the machine do all the mixing, even leaving it overnight.
My favourite part about this loaf would definitely be when it is served warm. Also, if you are feeling luxurious, toast it with Garlic Butter (this combo goes so well together!).
For this Pepper Cheese Loaf taste profile, it has that saltiness of the cheese matched with pepper and is lightly sweet. With its aroma and softness, this bread is so enjoyable and makes a nice switch from the classic loafs (though I enjoy all equally!).
Personally, I used a combination of shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar to give a more flavourful profile with more dimensions. Furthermore, you could definitely add about 20-30g more cheese though do note that the bread will be lightly cheesey regardless. Nonetheless, you can coat additional cheese after the shaping stage for a cheesey finish!
And without further ado, the Pepper Cheese Loaf recipe!
Pepper Cheese Loaf Bread Maker Recipe
by Javier Tan May-24-2020
Savoury, this Pepper Cheese Loaf comes with the fragrance of cheese with a slight kick of pepper and is mildly sweet. A nice alternative to the sweet loaf!
I am using a bread maker of at approximately 750g capacity for this recipe.
- 2 and 1/2 Cups + 1 Tablespoon or 330g Bread Flour
- 1/4 Cup or 50g Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Room Temperature, 55g each
- 3/4 Teaspoon or 4g Table Salt
- 1 Tablespoon or 7g Instant Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup or 60g Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup or 120g Milk
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon or 20g Water
- 3/4 Cup or 110g Shreded Cheese (I used Mozzarella and Cheddar)
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon Grounded Black Pepper (to taste)
- Firstly, melt the butter and ensure everything is at room temperature before mixing.
- Place the ingredients in the sequence as specified by your Bread Maker’s instruction manual. As a reference, I added everything at the bottom with the wet ingredients first before adding flour and then yeast!
- Next, bake as per the bread maker machine specify. However, different bread maker have different functions. For mine, I used a French Bread Function, which took approximately 3 hours of cook time.
- You can add more cheese an hour to 1.5 hours before it rises and start cooking to coat the exterior with cheese.
- Finally, serve and enjoy once you are done!
- Prep time: 2
- Cook time: 3 hour 3
- Total time: 3
- Yield: A savoury Pepper Cheese Loaf!
- If you would like to be updated for more recipes which I strive to create to perfection for sharing and for free, do check out my Instagram, Facebook Page, or YouTube 🙂 Thank you so much for all of your support! Feel free to tag me or link back here!
- Store at room temperature for up to 5 days. Optimally, eat it within 4 days!
- As this guide is quite general depending on which Bread Maker you are using, feel free to consult me if you have any questions!
- Please do not copy and paste the recipe without my permission, but feel free to link back here!
– Bakeomaniac, Javier Tan